Learn some basic tips to perfect the content of a creative magazine
Content, editing, and consistency are at the root of a project's success. They help it to stand out in the digital world but aren’t always easy to achieve. Creative director Pedro Saldías (@pesaldias) has managed to successfully combine all those elements in his many innovative fashion, art, and design projects.
Specialized in digital marketing, storytelling, and branded content, in his 10 years of experience, Pedro has developed work for Dolce & Gabbana, Tiffany & Co, among others. To develop editorial formats, use the following 10 tips he has set as a guideline to help you create relevant content and make the most of social media.
Initial tips to apply to any fashion, art, design, and creativity magazine in various media formats
1. First of all, your content must fulfill four characteristics: it must be authentic, consistent, entertaining, and inclusive.
2. The style and tone must transmit emotion, be inspiring to the readers, and connect emotionally with them. Appropriate language must be used.
Tips for your project
3. Create content of value and quality, accompanied by images, videos, and other complementary elements that give a visual touch to your text.
4. Good titles (simple and to the point) and the first paragraph are the hooks for your piece.
5. After writing it, read and edit your piece carefully, making it easier for your readers to enjoy it.
6. Optimize your post for search engines (SEO): keywords, easy to load images, use of internal links to create a route map within your magazine.
Tips for great content on social media
7. Create an editorial calendar to set up when content gets published on social media. Specify the day and the time.
8. Define the objectives of your publication. Curate the content, be creative, and make use of all your knowledge.
9. Adapt the tone for each social media channel. Facebook is not the same as Instagram or Twitter.
10. Generate expectations and interest. Read your followers' comments and absorb their ideas and opinions. Feedback is vital.
Pedro Saldías teaches the Domestika course 'Digital Content for a Fashion and Trend Magazine', in which you learn to conceptualize a magazine with fresh ideas, from the strategy and development stage to the launch campaign.
You may also like:
- 10 Fashion Photography Icons
- Conceptualization of a Fashion Photoshoot
- 20 Useful Free Websites for Designers to Discover in 2021