Domestika LLC. (“Domestika”) is an online platform where creative professionals can showcase their work and discover the creative work of others and where creative professionals can learn from each other through online classes. Domestika is hosted exclusively in the United States and is operated from the Domestika offices in San Francisco, California. Domestika may be accessed directly on the web at www.domestika.org (together with all linked pages, the “Site”).
The English version of this agreement will be the version used when interpreting or construing this agreement.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
If you do not want your personal data to be processed in the USA, please, do not use the Site.
Information collected by Domestika
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Site. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information in the user profile section, such as a bio, your website address, your areas of interest, and your career preferences (location, type of job, etc.). In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile.
Except for your birthday, e-mail address and phone, all the information you decide to share with us will be published under your profile. If you do not want that information to be published, do not fill in the relevant spaces of your profile or delete de information you have already submitted1.
We recommend that you guard your sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Third Party Websites
We may receive your personal data when you access or log-in to a third party website, e.g., Facebook, from our Site. This may include the text and/or images of your personal data available from the third party website.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better. Also, to remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our users and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. This includes adding new features to our current Services.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, or acquisition. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or "opt in") to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To third party service providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the personal data collected from our Site to other entities. However, we may share your personal data with third party service providers to provide services to us that enable us to make the Site and Services available to you. You expressly consent to the sharing of your personal data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you. Access to your personal data by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
We collect information to make Domestika website useful for you. We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
Public Information and Third Parties
Bio, forums, comments and online classes
We have public forums on our Site. Any information you include in your bio, in a comment on the forums, or under a project, may be read, collected, and used by anyone. Also, your profile pages and any online classrooms you participate in are typically publicly available. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these or any other public venues.
If your personal information appears on our forums and you’d like it to be removed, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we’re not able to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
Social Media Widgets
Our Site includes social media features, like the Pinterest button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Third parties may collect your personal data on the Site. Please, read those third parties privacy policies.
Third Party Tracking
Third parties, including linked sites and applications (e.g., Facebook and YouTube), customer support services and data analytics services, may collect information about you in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., usage information). Such third parties may use tracking technologies in connection with the Site and Services, which may include the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. In some cases, third party tracking tools may only collect non-personal information about your use on the Site. However, in other cases, such third parties may collect personal data about you as they engage in these activities (e.g., customer support services may obtain your name and email address in conjunction with their support activities).
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding collection of information about an individual over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., Web browser “do not track” signals).
Third parties may track the use you do of our Site.
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use the Site. Accordingly, we do not collect any personal information from children.
Please register only when you reach 18 years old, or ask your parents' permission if you are between 14 and 18 years old.
Your California Privacy Rights
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Domestika Privacy Officer
610 22nd St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
If you are a California resident you can ask us for what we have been doing with your data in the last year.
Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfill the purposes that gave us the right to access it in the first place.
We’ll give you access to any personal information about you that we hold within 30 days of any request for that information you make by emailing email@example.com. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any personal information about you from our servers at your request.
Security of Your Personal Data
Domestika is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal data and mistakes may happen.
Your account is protected, but sometimes bad things can happen.
Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody is safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then Domestika will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
If something bad happens we will notify you.
Changes and Notification of Changes
Domestika Privacy Officer
610 22nd St.
San Francisco, CA 94107