Everguild is an ambitious game development studio operating from the UK and Spain, committed to making long-lasting card games with deep and exciting gameplay, carefully crafted lore and strong communities of players. Its main title, The Horus Heresy: Legions, is a free-to-play, cross-platform card-battler based on Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 universe.
In late 2020 Everguild joined forces with Stillfront Group, a leading free-to-play powerhouse of gaming studios, with a diverse and exciting games portfolio. The support and publishing capabilities provided by Stillfront have allowed Everguild to keep growing its operations and level of ambition, with major plans for both The Horus Heresy: Legions and other unannounced titles in development.
We are looking for a passionate narrative designer to join our team for the production and management of the story telling key elements of a new exciting and ambitious unannounced project. As a Narrative Designer, you will work closely with the design and art teams to develop a strong symbiotic relationship between the game’s mechanics, design, and structure and the narrative/story being used to support and enhance that structure.
- Study, digest and summarize the lore and tone of the underlying IP, and design creative ways to encapsulate the game’s lore and storyline into the core mechanics, to provide a narrative backbone with minimal text assets.
- Develop new plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats to support the game timed events and content expansions, staying consistent with the underlying IP.
- Write and review all in-game dialogue and text, and determine how it will be presented in the game.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer and the rest of the development team to create realistic work plans and ensure the narrative elements are correctly integrated into the game.
- Liaise with IP licensors when required, to ensure all narrative elements in the game are consistent with the IP guidelines, act on their feedback and ensure all text assets are approved by the licensor.
- Work together with the Marketing team to support the creation of marketing texts and materials that are consistent with the game’s focus and live operations.
- Mastery of the English language is a must, with professional-level writing skills in fantasy or science-fiction themes.
- 3+ years of experience as a Narrative Designer, Story Designer or Writer on a game development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in interactive storytelling, using both traditional and experimental systems and platforms, including dialogue implementation and environmental storytelling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional considerations (Pluses):
- Passion for gaming, specially for strategy card games.
- Full-time employment with competitive salary (based on experience).
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Private health care package.
- A pivotal role in a fast-growing company.
- Narrative Designer
- Everguild Ltd
- Negotiable, DOE