Berba is an online platform that allows thousands of native translators to work with the assistance of Artificial Intelligence to translate digital content faster and with better quality.
We are a young, growing team of motivated entrepreneurs ready to take on new challenges. We hail from 4 different countries, have lived in 12, and can speak 7 different languages, so international communication is in our DNA. We want to work with likeminded people who are motivated and passionate about what they do as well.
We are growing fast, and we need someone to join our tech department. Your job will be to discuss, design and implement the best software products from a business point of view.
As one of the earlier members of a growing startup, you will be surrounded by motivated, fast-paced professionals in one of Bilbao’s most dynamic startup hubs: Biworking with the option to work up to 100% remotely. We’ve closed two rounds of investment, and we’re looking towards our next round very soon, which means we have many exciting projects in the works to take our product to the next level.
If you rise to the challenge, you will become the right-hand person to our CTO with the potential to be promoted to VP of Engineering at Berba.
What are we expecting from you?
- You will work on building the best software features from a product development perspective.
- You will support our project managers in solving their day-to-day challenges, improving their current tools.
- You will be proactive in suggesting new solutions for business challenges and new tools that we can use to improve our processes and technology.
- You understand business in order to propose the best technical solution for each context.
- You have experience designing scalable and distributed systems.
- You know and follow good quality SW principles like eXtrem programming, SOLID or Domain-Driven Design.
- You feel comfortable following Agile methodologies to improve continuous delivery.
-You speak English and Spanish fluently.
Where we’re currently at
As we continue to grow exponentially from a business perspective, we need to support this growth with the best technology. We are at an early stage scenario so there is space to discuss and suggest changes including programming stack and other aspects of the technology. It’s important that you understand that you are will be working on a greenfieldproject.
For the sake of transparency, our current stack is mostly based on LAMP.
•PHP7 (with WordPress for the blog and Symfony for the custom application)
•Typical frontend stack with HTML5, CSS3 and vanilla JS for the most sections.
•We also have certain areas developed using React.js and some others in Angular.
•For the storage mechanism, we use MySQL.
- Senior Software Engineer
- A convenir