XING is a social network for business professionals that currently employs around 500 people and is still on the lookout for new talent. More than 14 million professionals worldwide use XING to find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners, and experts. To complete our team, we are currently looking for a UI Designer (m/f) for our E-Recruiting Business Unit, available at the earliest possible starting date. The position is based at our office in Barcelona, Spain.
As a member of the E-Recruiting UX Team, you will be part of a creative and talented team of UI and Interaction Designers distributed across our Hamburg and Barcelona offices. You will be a key player in defining E-Recruiting products such as the XING Job Board and the XING Talent Manager. You will work with iconography, typography, color, and grids that delight more than 14 million users on both, web and mobile. But not only that: you will also have the support of other disciplines such as Copywriters and User researchers based in Hamburg, in order to create beautiful and engaging products.
XING is in a unique position to offer the job security and benefits of a financially healthy mid-sized company and the flair of a small startup. You will be working with a high-performing team of creative and fun colleagues who are passionate about their work and who are keen to get features shipped. Your position will include a competitive salary and occasional travel to our office in Hamburg, Germany.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Conceptualize and design new cross-platform products and features especially for our E-Recruiting products (e.g., the XING Job Board, the XING talent manager).
• Develop drafts, clickable prototypes, and final designs, based on concepts, wireframes, and product specifications.
• Apply user-centric thinking to come up with solutions that our users will love.
• Create and establish beautiful designs and layouts with a consistent look and feel.
• Use data from user tests and web analytics tools as well as user feedback to identify pain points and improve current solutions.
• Create production-quality graphics and artwork for new features and enhancements based on concepts, designs, and specifications.
• Continuously challenge the status quo and suggest optimizations.
• Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
• Communicate proactively with colleagues both, in Barcelona and Hamburg.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Academic background in interaction/interface/graphic design or related field, or extensive on-the-job training in user experience.
• At least 3-4 years of screen design experience with consumer-facing products.
• Deep understanding of user-centered design.
• Experience with the entire product design cycle, from research, to wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, through to the final design and implementation.
• Experience or familiarity with agile teams and agile development.
• Mobile application experience.
• Knowledge of iOS and Android patterns and guidelines.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, …
• Ability to effectively communicate and persuasively convey design solutions.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience (mandatory).
• Fluency in English (mandatory).
What we offer:
• A multidisciplinary and international environment.
• The opportunity to share knowledge between more than 30 UI Designers, Interaction Designers, Researchers and Copywriters.
• A user testing lab and weekly sessions of user feedback.
• The possibility to travel to Hamburg for knowledge sharing, training, user tests, and cross-office collaboration.
• Do you speak German? This is a plus! But if you don’t, we provide you with optional language courses (Spanish and German) if you’d like to learn.
• Innovation: we spend one full week four times per year innovating and hacking. The whole company investigates new technologies and design patterns that can help our products to move forward.
• Personal Advancement: We encourage training and attending the best design conferences of your choice, be it to receive knowledge or to give a talk of your own.
• Strong ties to the design community in Barcelona.
• A Smartphone or Tablet device of your choice for your private use.
• A high-end MacBook Pro and your preferred professional software.
• Restaurant vouchers for your daily meals.
• A snack and fruit filled kitchen.
• Complete coverage of your travel expenses.
• Our sunny office (with a lovely terrace) is located in the center of Barcelona.
• An excellent salary and benefits package (such as optional private insurance and pension plans).
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your complete application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
Note that English is the official language within the company; please avoid applying if you can’t express yourself fluently in English.
This job offer is closed.
- UI Designer
- Barcelona, Spain
- To be discussed
- Consell de Cent, 334, 08009, Barcelona