Programming Manager / Curator
At Domestika we are looking for a curator to continue expanding and improving our course offer in our community.
Your main responsibility will be leading all the processes associated with the selection and creation of content for Domestika’s core channels remotely.
You will contribute to the management of the study program, course development and planning of these channels for English-speaking students. You will develop new content formats, be part of the programming team, and work closely with the Marketing and Production team. You will be responsible for contacting the best professionals to develop courses as Domestika teachers.
Domestika is the largest community for creative professionals in Spanish. We produce the best courses with the best professionals in 6 countries and we tell everyone what we do with pride.
The company is based in San Francisco, California. Our team is distributed in 9 countries. Domestika has the support of one of the most relevant Silicon Valley (USA) funds.
What does a Programming Manager / Curator do?
• Establishing and cultivating relationships with our main client: the teacher.
• Developing the curriculum of one or more online courses categories.
• Being responsible for organizing and managing teacher’s selection and contact processes, and formalizing contractual agreements with them.
• Being responsible for the process of developing and creating (pre-production) courses in different categories, working with the teacher to define the lessons and content that will be taught in the course.
• Guiding teachers on their courses’ topics, structure and content, ensuring that they are ready and organized to start the course production stage.
To be an excellent curator at Domestika, you have / can:
• Sensitivity and ability to work with artists and creative professionals, identifying talents of big interest in our community and helping them turn that talent into high quality content.
• A network of high-caliber contacts in the creative world in one or more categories in which Domestika offers courses (drawing, illustration, photography, video, editing, craft, animation, etc.).
• Identify, select and develop potential teachers for the categories we work in.
• The ability to negotiate and a flawless conduct when representing Domestika before teachers and potential teachers seeking mutually beneficial agreements.
• Work together with teams from different countries in the editorial selection.
• Develop curricula and educational programs.
• Create, maintain and take care of a network of high-caliber teachers and potential teachers.
• Native or bilingual English. Spanish is a plus.
• 12 or more years of professional experience, and at least 7 years in similar positions in curating, editing or reviewing creative content.
• It is essential to be updated on key trends and important figures in the creative industry.
• To have an eye for business in the digital industry and new technologies.
• Ability to identify and attract talent, help them develop ideas and processes that contribute to the creation of more and better courses.
• Unquestionable criteria in the creative field.
• It would be ideal to have relevant teaching experience in schools, workshops or universities.
• Experience coordinating people and projects for a minimum of 3 years.
• Ability to communicate at the executive level.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A fun, creative, collaborative and multicultural team.
• An honest and decent salary according to your experience and profile.
- Programming Manager / Curator
- A convenir