At Domestika we’re looking for a Filmmaker & Video Editor located in London.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers in the creative field. From this grew a community of over 5 million people who are curious and passionate about learning new skills.
Today, Domestika produces online courses. We share editorial content for and with the best creative people in the world. We run creative events where teachers, creative professionals, and students all have the chance to share experiences, ideas, and projects.
What does a Filmmaker & Video Editor do at Domestika?
We are looking for an experienced and talented Filmmaker & Video Editor to join Domestika’s Editorial Content Team in London. As a Filmmaker in the Editorial Content Department, you will be responsible for our in-house creative content production, creating original content for our social media channels that can engage with English speaking audiences (interviews, documentaries, tutorials, etc). We are looking for a creative person who can work on formats that have already been established for a Spanish audience and who is also able to create new ones designed for platforms like Instagram and Youtube.
You’ll work collaboratively with inspiring and international creatives (copywriters, designers, video editors, etc.) to envision and execute wonderful pieces that will engage with our audience and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
You will direct all filmmaking projects for the Editorial Content department in the UK, managing every aspect of filming, lighting, sound, directing, and post-production direction of the final content. You’ll introduce new and creative audiovisual formats that connect with our community.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of audiovisual narratives who can master and further improve our content, developing innovative new formats and creative concepts.
• 5+ years of experience as a Filmmaker, working in pre-production, production, and postproduction in the digital field (social media, advertising, fiction, and documentary).
• High level of understanding when it comes to narratives and scripts.
• Highly proactive, organized, digital-focused, and a great team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Video editing abilities with Adobe Premiere.
It’s a plus:
• Experience with writing scripts.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects tools.
• An eye for color correction/finishing.
• Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, or Italian
• You seek audiovisual excellence in each piece of content.
• You have the ability to anticipate the needs of every shoot.
• You are responsible for the quality of all of our audio and visual content.
• You have leadership skills, ability to support and inspire your team.
• You are self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You find and solve problems within the workflow of each project.
• You have unquestionable artistic judgment.
• You are up to date with the latest content trends out there.
• You are committed to meeting deadlines.
• You're passionate about everything creative.
• You’re a team player.
• You’re proactive about suggesting ideas, introducing new formats, and adapting to new platforms.
• You‘re flexible and thrive in fast-moving environments.
• You’re positive.
• You're a champion of creativity.
• You communicate clearly and passionately when leading your team.
• You have sensitivity and common sense.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• An honest salary based on your experience and profile.
Here you can see some examples of our projects:
• Maestros Milton Glaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hEXvviKXA&t=1s
• Creatives Edel Rodriguez: https://www.facebook.com/Domestikaen/videos/208027843921601
• History of VFX: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-yA0bqCl0v/
• Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zap6Wc9FVVA&ab_channel=Domestika
• Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4npFPR7LmQ
• Lives: https://www.domestika.org/es/live
- Filmmaker & Video Editor
- Londres, Reino Unido
- According to experience