For my project I used two not very good prints from a photopolymer printmaking class featuring a vintage photo of two women wearing some kind of folk costume. The first one uses small bits of paper with pearl cotton, commercil paper yarn and some other thread from my collection.
For the oher one I wanted to embroider the whole apron but I think that my holes were too close together or the paper too soft and it broke. I put it aside for a few weeks but then decided to just embrace it and do some more cutouts. I taped an index card behind it which probably isn't a permanent solution.
I loved the class, it combines my various hobbies and interests nicely.