Role: Motion Designer
Working hours: Freelance or Full-time
Length of role: Long-term
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline to apply: N/A
Are you passionate, ambitious and interested in motion graphic design? Do you want to work with a dynamic and innovative startup helping social organisations to achieve their philanthropic mission and social/environmental goals?
Do you want to:
- Work for an international company with clients and collaborators around the globe
- Work remotely allowing you to work wherever you want
- Work on long-term projects to build good working relationships
- Work in a fun, ambitious, international team
Then this is the position for you!
*Who are we?*
Makers of Media is a dynamic, international startup that creates engaging animated learning videos and translates this content into any language to democratise education and give access to everyone. We mainly work with creative clients and social organisations, e.g. creating agriculture training videos with Fintrac in an effort to solve hunger and poverty.
We have a head office in Barcelona but the majority of our collaborators and clients work from all over the globe.
We are looking for a talented motion graphic designer to join our design team in creating inspiring, engaging and informative videos.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and will be able to effectively communicate a concept, idea or theme through video. You will be talented in illustration and animation
In the role, you will gain experience in various aspects of visual branding, multimedia production and motion graphics. You will attain vital knowledge and skills in creating educational videos and working with a fast-growing startup with international clients.
*Required Qualifications and Skills*
- Degree or equivalent experience (in Graphic Design, Media, Audiovisual or similar)
- Outstanding visual and communication skills
- Interest in working with social organisations especially in providing education to countries where it’s needed.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Character animation skills
- Diligent about meeting deadlines and thoroughly completing tasks
- Ability to learn how to work with new software quickly
- Has a personal computer
- Has a portfolio that showcases your skills and experience
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Video editing skills
- Graphic design skills for web
- Experience in creating educational videos
- Other languages such as French, Spanish etc.
- Familiar with online project management tools such as Asana, Slack, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
- Motion Graphics Designer