At Domestika we are hiring a Design System Manager.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
• Lead the design development of Domestika Design System.
• Collaborate with product designers and front-end developers across the organization while contributing to the development and maintenance of the design system components.
• Work with UX and technology leadership to establish processes and guidelines to manage the design system.
• Work with UX leadership to define the long-term UX vision and guiding principles for the design system.
• Lead and participate in design and code reviews for newly released components.
• Collaborate with product, design, development managers to maintain a roadmap and product backlog for the design system.
• Establish and contribute to design system documentation.
• Work with UX research when necessary to better understand the design system user.
• Contribute to shared language for the design system providing names to new components and interface elements.
• Communicate changes (release notes; changelogs) to the design system across the organization to ensure teams understand how design system upgrades impact their work.
• Confidently articulate and demonstrate how solutions address user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project requirements.
• 3-5 years experience building, and contributing to design systems at large-scale organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Portfolio with case studies illustrating comparable work related to design systems at large-scale organizations.
• Portfolio demonstrating an understanding of basic interaction and visual design principles.
• Mastery of tools and best practices related to design systems such as Figma, InVision, DSM, Storybook, and design tokens.
• Advanced knowledge of responsive design and familiarity with related development techniques.
• Previous experience working on iOS/Android apps and websites.
• Understanding of agile methodologies and how UX integrates into the agile/scrum process.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
• Relentless curiosity about people, technology, design, and life.
• Fluency in English.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• Domestika pro-account to have access to all of our courses for free.
• Private health insurance.
• A fully remote position.
• A salary according to your experience and profile.
- Design System Manager