At Domestika we’re looking for a Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor (Editorial Content) located in New York.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
What does a Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor (Editorial Content) do at Domestika?
We are looking for a creative and talented Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor to join Domestika’s Editorial Content Department in New York.
As a filmmaker assistant in the Editorial Content Department, you will be working in our in-house creative content production, creating original content for our social media channels that can engage with US audiences (interviews, documentaries, tutorials, etc.). We are looking for a creative person that is proactive and resourceful, who can adapt to different filming setups and assist the filmmaking team both technically and creatively.
You’ll assist the team’s filmmaker and work collaboratively with inspiring and international creatives (copywriters, designers, video editors, etc.) to create wonderful pieces that will engage with our audience and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
We are looking for someone with a solid knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and visual narratives both on set and the editing room.
• 3+ years of experience operating camera, lighting on set and editing video in the digital field (social media, advertising, fiction, and documentary).
• Excellent knowledge of camera equipment, lighting and editing software.
• Highly proactive, organized, digital focused, and a great team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Please note this is a non-union position.
It’s a plus:
• Sound editing abilities.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects tools.
• An eye for color correction/finishing.
• Knowledge of other languages between Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian.
• Assist in the filmmaking projects for the Editorial Content department in the US, checking sound, controlling the light and assisting the Filmmaker in all aspects of shooting.
• Edit interviews, short docs and course related content in an ever changing environment that adapts to digital trends and the company’s mission.
• Seek audiovisual excellence in each piece of content.
• Have the ability to anticipate the needs of every shoot.
• Be responsible for the quality of all of our audio and visual content.
• You know when you’re needed without people asking.
• Self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You find and solve problems within the workflow of each project.
• You have good artistic judgment.
• You are committed to meeting deadlines.
• You're passionate about everything creative.
• You’re a team player.
• You’re proactive about suggesting ideas, introducing new formats, and adapting to new platforms.
• You‘re flexible and thrive in fast-moving environments.
• You’re positive.
• You're a champion of creativity.
• You communicate clearly.
• Sensitivity and common sense.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• A salary based on your experience and profile.
Here you can see some examples of our projects:
• Maestros Milton Glaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hEXvviKXA&t=1s
• Creatives Edel Rodriguez: https://www.facebook.com/Domestikaen/videos/208027843921601
• History of VFX: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-yA0bqCl0v/
• Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zap6Wc9FVVA&ab_channel=Domestika
• Lives: https://www.domestika.org/es/live
- Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor - Editorial Content
- Nova Iorque, Estados Unidos
- To be confirmed