Come work with us at Vizzuality! We’re looking for a User Researcher who is passionate about using their critical thinking, pragmatism and people skills to help develop products that encourage positive change. Our projects have real-world impacts that are reducing deforestation, protecting biodiversity, and making supply chains more sustainable. If this sounds good to you, take a look at the job description for full details.
"Skills and experiences we are looking for in a candidate"
(*) Even if you think you don't tick all the boxes below, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team and aligned with our purpose!
Regardless of your background (ie. Sociology, Anthropology / Ethnography, HCI Specialist, Service Design, etc.) if you have research experience, high levels of autonomy, and can lead an entire research process without support right after the onboarding period, we are looking for you :)
a. Must-have skills and experience:
-User Research: You’re competent with a range of social science and user research methods. You can complete great research by collecting primary and secondary data through a number of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Communication: You have well developed communication and active listening skills, which enable you to understand project needs (from client, users and stakeholders) and also define project goals and impact indicators.
- Influence: You can get your message across in a clear, concise and engaging way. Your excellent English language skills (written and spoken) allow you to lead discussions with the project team and clients about product strategy.
- Actionable Insights: You are very good at synthesizing raw data to then craft insights and priorities in a format that will be digestible and actionable for the rest of the team (and client). You use a range of communication methods to make sure user research is considered and useful throughout the whole development phase.
- Experience working with cross functional teams: Working and collaborating with other teams/profiles (i.e. Design, Data Science, Business Development, Engineer, etc) is part of your DNA.
b. Nice to have:
Anything else to impress us? Over time, we’d like this role to take on more responsibilities. If you have some experience in any of the points below, or would like to learn more about any of them, we would love to hear more about it in your application.
- Passion: You are passionate about climate change, biodiversity and/or social inequality, and driven by our purpose when it comes to achieving a sustainable and fair future. Alternatively you have an appetite for themes such as data visualization, academic science or geospatial technology.
- Facilitation: You enjoy coming up with creative activities for improving group dynamics, and show willingness and some experience when it comes to taking responsibility for leading strategy workshops or design sprints.
- Advocacy: This is all about sharing the value or the content of research inside and outside Vizzuality. You might be working on proposal writing, writing blog posts or speaking at conferences and in front of potential or current clients, to share your insights and knowledge with the wider community.
- Impact assessment: You are able to use a range of tools and methods to track the impacts and success of your research practice or of our products, and then make recommendations to improve them (e.g. Google Analytics).
c. We are a Self-Managed Organisation: Below you will find some characteristics that make people successful in an organisation like ours:
- Motivation: The ambition to excel in the pursuit of unselfish, collective goals; deep personal humility and a focus on self improvement.
- Curiosity: The instinct to seek new experiences, knowledge and feedback with an openness to learning and change.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: The capacity to use emotion and reason to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Determination: The ability to fight for difficult goals despite challenges.
- User Researcher
- 25000 - 35000€