Only valid for Mexico.
Establishing a strong design practice across Latin America is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a senior designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working with our existing teams based in the US and Brazil to continue cultivating a strong design culture there and beyond. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams all over the world that are excited to build with you._
About This Position
Primarily, you’ll be working with one of our product teams working on our core platform, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Secondly, you’ll mentor designers across the experience spectrum, and lead the expansion of our design practice across more countries in Latin America.
Your first 90 days will be:
* Get to know the people, processes, and systems
* Onboard into multiple projects in various stages
* Add value with your perspective and experience leading projects in alignment with our design organization
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
1. **Design leadership experience**. Contribute as an expert with deep knowledge in one or more product design verticals — and have experience leading people.
2. **Communication skills**. Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
3. **Proficiency with modern design tools and systems**. Our design system is in Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly, so a track record of tool and system competency is required.
What will my first year look like?
Application deployments, infrastructure migration, service endpoints rules, advanced VPN configurations, environment variables, and more. If any of these things are familiar to you — keep reading! If they sound foreign, but you are eager to learn, that is great too.
Atypical web concepts and level-hard design challenges are waiting for you in your first year. Some of the questions you will be facing:
1. How might we decrease the time-to-first deployment?
2. How might we increase the amount of customers in our go-live journey?
3. How might we improve the average succeeded deployments?
4. How might we improve our overall customer satisfaction score?
5. How might we deliver value and evolve fast without disrupting current experiences?
What do I need to succeed?
We’re looking for generalists with a solid foundation in technical skills – such as research, interaction, visual design – and, even more important, core professional skills to optimize your outcomes. These are a few characteristics we are looking for:
1. Empathy. Heuristics are paramount, but not enough for solving many of our specific use cases. Listening and talking to users is necessary to uncover all possible scenarios. You enable the design process with data to pitch ideas and build consensus.
2. Collaboration. Working inside of our cloud platform means considering a greater context. Working with other functional teams is essential to understand requirements. You listen, elaborate, and communicate ideas effectively.
3. Craft. The level of care you infuse in your work can inspire elevated effort from others around you. No matter the design discipline you are practicing, you activate it rigorously as if the world is seeing. Important note: we seek rigor, not rigidness.
4. Discipline. For us, craft goes beyond pixels and presentations. What is not commonly seen is equally important to create a sustainable operation. You think about other’s time when tidying up your work. This is critical for optimizing async collaboration.
What will help me stand out?
1. Experience. You have designed other cloud platforms, highly-technical, or complex product use cases.
2. Research. You have conducted user interviews and consolidated raw data into valuable and actionable insights.
3. Egoless. You have collaborated in a design process where many points of view challenged your premises and changed your proposed solutions.
4. Giver. You have helped others around you to grow, connect the dots, and walk through challenges or foggy territory without waiting for anything in return.
What do I need to apply?
1. Link to your portfolio website that includes recent, relevant case studies
2. Cover letter (nothing formal) with 3 to 5 sentences about a challenge you’ve faced designing in a complex, high-technical, or intriguing product scenario.
Awesome, what does Liferay offer for me?
1. Salary package with competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
2. A place to be yourself, where everyone can grow personally and professionally
3. Flexible schedule
4. A positive and collaborative work culture
5. Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
* English: Conversational
* Portuguese or Spanish: Fluent
What do I need to apply?
1. Link to your website that includes recent, relevant case studies
2. Cover letter (nothing formal!) with 3-5 sentences about your experience working in low-code environments.
- Senior Product Designer
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience