Are you passionate about e-learning? Are you keen on working to make our cities more liveable and sustainable? If so, read on...
EIT Urban Mobility acts to accelerate positive change on mobility to make urban spaces more liveable.
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) and of the European Union. Since January 2019 we have been working to encourage positive changes in the way people move around cities in order to make them more liveable places. We aim to become the largest European initiative transforming urban mobility. Co-funding of up to € 400 million (2020-2026) from the EIT, a body of the European Union, will help make this happen.
ABOUT EIT URBAN MOBILITY ACADEMY
Our Academy is a collaborative arena for lifelong learning, helping to build critical capabilities for innovation and transformation. We are training the next generation of urban mobility practitioners, needed by the urban mobility ecosystem of the future. The EIT Urban Mobility Academy has three main areas: the Master School, the Doctoral Training Network and the Competence Hub.
Our programmes are intersectoral, interdisciplinary, international, and entrepreneurial.
ABOUT THE COMPETENCE HUB
The Competence Hub offers intensive programmes on hot topics in urban mobility and transport to work with professionals from different sectors, such as project managers, engineers, city executives and entrepreneurs, co-created by our partners in various locations in Europe. This lifelong learning initiative uses a variety of formats including light online material in a web-TV channel, online courses, in-project training, and co-creation work, as well as more conventional face-to-face seminars. It aims to train 50,000 people per year and to reach a total of 500,000 people per year through its online offers.
More information on the Competence Hub: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/competence-hub/
As you may see here on our e-learning course page: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/competence-hub/e-learning-courses-competence-hub/, we currently hold a portfolio of 10 Small Free Online Courses (SFOCs) and 8 Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), that are either hosted on external LMS platforms (proprietary, FutureLearn, Coursera, etc.) or on our own (currently we operate a Moodle-based LMS platform, https://eiturbanmobility.smartlearning.global/login/index.php). We aim to develop around 10 new SFOCs and 5-10 new MOOCs on a yearly basis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITES
The E-learning Manager will support and report to the Head of the Competence Hub and the Academy Director. She/he will be in charge of the overall development strategy of the Competence Hub’s e-learning course portfolio with respect to all “non-content” related subjects (platforms, providers, look and feel, interactions with participants, modalities, etc.) She/he will also ensure that all current Competence Hub e-learning courses operate smoothly, that all new e-learning courses are optimised from a learning experience, LMS and learning design perspective. She/he will also lead the development of new e-learning functionalities and revenue models. This position will therefore comprise:
- an operational dimension (supporting courses, partners, content providers, speakers, an increasing volume of learners, etc.)
- an instructional/pedagogical dimension (analysing/optimising the learning impact and learner experience of each course)
- a strategic/development dimension (identifying new providers, services, platforms, modalities, etc., defining and testing new services/functionalities and leading their implementation, deriving new collaboration and revenue generation models, etc.).
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring/supervising the Competence Hub’s existing e-learning programmes (SFOCs and MOOCs) and providing the necessary support/leadership to the Competence Hub team members and partners/subcontractors operating these programmes, so that all our current and future end-users/learners are fully satisfied.
- Supporting the creation of new e-learning courses that are either fully developed by our partners/subcontractors or jointly developed with us. In collaboration with our Project/Course Managers, and the partners/subcontractors involved, the E-learning Manager will focus on the usability and learning impact components of each e-course, to ensure that the overall learning experience is engaging, diverse, innovative, and impactful from an instructional point of view.
- Leading the definition and creation of new functionalities and “premium services” within our e-learning courses and platforms, that will provide new/different types of values to our learners and require specific resources/set-ups. Though the primary focus of the E-learning Manager will be to ensure the relevance of these new services from an instructional and operational point of view, revenue generation and profitability metrics will also be key.
- Once these premium services are defined, connecting with all the relevant providers, experts, developers, tutors, mentors, etc., to implement and operate these new premium services.
- Assisting the Head of the Competence Hub in the development of the strategic framework relative to our online courses, overseeing issues such as our hosting platform/LMS strategy or the development of new teaching methodologies and modalities.
- Supporting the integration of online educational activities in EIT Urban Mobility innovation projects and into all projects, including education in entrepreneurship.
- Building links with professional online training facilities/experts/providers/platforms across Europe and among our partners.
- Ensuring optimal synergies with other relevant online initiatives within the Academy Master School and Doctoral Training Network, the rest of EIT Urban Mobility as well as within the EIT Community (XKIC project).
REQUIRED KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree in Media Pedagogy and Production, or equivalent training or working experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge regarding online course development, production and management utilizing a variety of modern methodologies and tools.
- Fluent in English, additional European languages are a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience managing/overseeing the development of e-learning course portfolio(s) with a proven track-record of overcoming impact (number of learners) and/or financial (revenue generation) objectives.
- At least 5 years of experience directly designing, developing, delivering, and operating online learning programmes. Experience in e-learning and online training programmes and courses, that are preferably: asynchronous, revenue-generating, open, for professionals/executives.
- Demonstrable experience of working at strategic and operational levels, on the development and monetisation of new e-learning B2C services and features.
- Experience with managing different LMS platforms (Moodle, Wordpress, Coursera, EdX, FutureLearn, other proprietary platforms, etc.) and operating SCORM standards.
- A doer as well as a thinker. The position will consist of around 70-80% of operational tasks and around 20-30% of strategic/conceptual tasks.
- Hands-on, result-oriented, organised, and pro-active.
- Capability and fluency in working with both academic and industry partners/providers.
- An extensive contact network within the e-learning industry.
- Well-developed presentation, communication, project-management, and negotiation skills.
- Motivation to work in fast-moving, innovative, and sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Team player who can work independently.
- A positive and ‘can-do’ mindset.
- Strong digital skills.
- Marketing and sales skills are welcome, but not required.
- E-learning Manager
- EIT Urban Mobility
- Barcelona, Espanha
- 50 000€ to 55 000€
- Torre Agbar, Barcelona