We are currently looking for a Technical Writer (native English) to produce high-quality content and documentation that contribute to the overall success of our company. You will join a team of talented linguists and writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, usability experts and the customer support team to enhance the quality of our products and services.
As a part of the globalization team, write effective, appropriate and correct technical contents in standardized English for different departments in the company according to the style, guidelines and rules of the company to enhance the overall quality of our products and services.
Your responsibilities are:
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text for product prototypes in collaboration with UX designers to create a quality product with correct and appropriate English strings according to our style guide and standardized English rules.
- Organize and write easy-to-use and -understand supporting documents for products such as manuals, user guides, Wiki contents and contents for Help Center.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts appropriately to increase users’ understanding.
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Participate in selection of authoring tool for reuse and recycle of existing contents.
- Collaborate in building the global content management architecture with different departments across the company.
- Technical knowledge - This position requires the individual to have a high level of technical writing.
- Writing - Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation, preferably using an authoring tool.
- Information gathering and researching - Knowing how to find and identify information.
- Information organization - Finding ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information and being able to produce high-quality technical contents for different types of audiences.
- Synthesis/reorganization - Reorganizing information to improve your approach and produce a better result.
- Active learning – Always working with new material or information to grasp its implications and impact on the existing contents and being able to revise past versions.
- Quality control - Inspecting and evaluating the quality of written content.
- English language – excellent command of the English language with several years of professional experience in technical writing in English.
* This is a freelance position with the possibility of integration into the in-house team in the future. Fees will be paid on an hourly basis or by page/word count.
- Technical Writer
- Fees will be paid on an hourly basis or by page/word count.
- Pujades 350 - Barcelona