For more than 20 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace.
Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world's leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $550 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest privately held provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
As a member of the DTP department, you will be part of the translations process from the first step until the last one. This team will not only have to prepare the files so they are ready for translation, fix the layout of the target files as per source and prepare the final deliveries to the clients, but also assess other departments and find solutions to the challenges that may arise. You will be working with specialised Design software like InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, and will be in a day to day contact with the company’s CAT tool (Wordfast).
• Fix formatting on translated Office package, Indesign, Quark, Illustrator and similar formats.
• Assess time/material requirements for completion of DTP and formatting tasks
• Editing of graphics and charts using Illustrator, Photoshop and similar
• Maximize the use of technology in all steps of DTP and formatting
• Provide technical support on DTP matters for production team, sales and other departments
• Prepare various file formats and technologies for translation using CAT tools
Essential skills and experience required:
• Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
• Specific training on DTP and translation technology
• Superb analytical skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)
• Good knowledge of Word, InDesign, QuarkXPress, FrameMaker and other DTP applications
• Knowledge of CAT tools
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
• Organized and motivated self-starter with a problem-solving attitude
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Must be flexible with hours to accommodate project deadlines
• Localization, DTP, and technology related experience desired
• Fluency in another language a plus
• Some knowledge of web programming languages a plus (HTML, XML, ASP, JSP)
- DTP Specialist
- Barcelona, Espanha
- 18.000 - 20.000€
- Paseo de Gracia 11, Esc B, 5-2. 08007, Barcelona