As a member of the DTP department, the intern will be part of the translations process from the first step until the last one. It is a challenging department where the members of the team will not only have to prepare the files so they are ready for translation, fix the layout of the target files as per source and prepare the final deliveries to the clients, but also assess other departments and find solutions to the challenges that may arise. An intern in the DTP department will be trained in specialised Design software like InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, will be in a day to day contact with the company’s CAT tool and will be able to expand knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package.
• Assess time/material requirements for completion of DTP and formatting tasks
• Fix formatting on translated Word, Indesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator and similar formats.
• Editing of graphics and charts.
• Prepare various file formats and technologies for translation using CAT tools
• Maximise the use of technology in all steps of DTP and formatting
• Provide technical support on DTP matters for production team, sales and other departments
Skills and experience required:
• Be able to sign an internship agreement with the University you are enrolled in
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, other languages would be an asset
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of Word, Indesign, QuarkXPress, and other DTP applications
• Knowledge of CAT tools (desirable)
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
• Organized and motivated self-starter with a problem-solving attitude
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Internship in Desktop Publishing (DTP)
- Barcelona, Espanha
- 300 EUR por mes