Japanese Hair straightening is also known as Thermal Reconditioning. This is the most popular process where wavy or curly hair will be straightened.
Is Japanese hair straightening permanent?
Yes, it is permanent. In this process, it will not just change the outside structure of your hair but also in the inside that means that frizzy, wavy and curly hair will not return to its original structure when treated.
Exact process of straightening your hair:
The time of the process may depend on the length and thickness of your hair. There are 9 exact steps to be done with the use of different tools, chemicals and techniques. Here are the steps:
1. Hair needs to be washed with the use of shampoo to make sure that hair is not dirty and ready for the next step.
2. A solution will be applied to every portion of the hair for the hair to be ready for straightening.
3. Reactor solution will then be applied uniformly all over your hair. The solution will last depending on the texture of your hair. Usually it will take 5 minutes to one hour for the solution to work.
4. The reactor solution will then be rinsed and a heat protectant and conditioner will be applied all over the hair.
5. The hair will then be dried using a blower and then flat-ironed with an exact amount of heat to make sure that the straightening solutions effect will be locked.
6. When the hair is fully straightened, we will then use a neutralizer to maintain the pH balance of the hair. After 5 minutes, it will be rinsed out.
7. A conditioner for treatment that complements with the particular type of your hair will be applied.
8. Again, the hair will be blow-dried. At this moment, in the order of the cuticles to retain the shine of the hair and its new shape.
9. And the last one, hair will go through a straightening iron to make sure hair is completely straight.
These are the steps needed to be done to have a gorgeous straight hair.
Is it suitable for you?
Before you will go through the process of straightening, the hair stylist will see if Japanese Hair straightening is best for you. They will ask few questions that will help them know what is best for you like: Did you put color on your hair for the past months or year? This is to avoid chemical reactions when applying the chemicals needed for hair straightening.
Here are the Tips before you decide to go for Japanese Hair Straightening
Because the treatment is extreme, it is good to conduct a research on the stylist first before you decide to go through. When the treatment is not done correctly, it can create great damage on your hair and it can even cause hair loss. Others who experienced it says that the treatment for the damage will take long time to recover.