We like to sum up what we’re about in 8 words:
Women. Transgender. Nonbinary. Education. Technology. Community. Diversity. Change.
As an international tech school for women, trans and nonbinary (women+), we exist to provide the safe space, training, and resources needed to support, and equip our students with the skills they need to thrive in the tech industry.
We also support businesses, governments, and nonprofit agencies like Bumble, the EuFMD at FAO, and Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya to bridge technical talent development with their diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
People seem to be digging our mission: We’ve got support from Spain’s largest impact VC, 23 pretty amazing business angels, a growing global community of students and graduates, and the Bardigang (bucket list goal).
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Community & Event Manager to dive headfirst into growing CodeOp’s online and offline presence. You’ll be responsible for building our social media presence in line with our brand, moderating conversations within our online and offline communities, promoting our brand locally and beyond, engaging with potential students, and organising and managing CodeOp’s unique line-up of in-person and online events. You'll work closely with our brand, growth and product teams.
- Prepare the editorial calendar based on previously defined objectives and long-term brand strategy
- Create and publish engaging content across our social media channels
- Track the performance of posts, monitoring engagement levels
- Social listening – monitor what’s being said about the company online
- Review and reply to comments left on social networks
- Encourage user discussion with recently published content
Strategy & Development:
- Interact with community members on internal platforms, gathering, recording and executing feedback.
- Build relationships with bloggers, influencers, and communities that are either active within our industry or aligned with our brand values
- Define, maintain, and execute the community management plan
- Stay current with the latest industry, social & cultural developments
- Oversee the whole event process, from ideation to execution, including coordination of logistics such as catering, marketing collateral and merch
- Work with the sales and marketing team to plan and execute the pre, during, and post event nurture and engagement messaging
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure each event meets the overall goals of the company
Skills & Requirements:
The ideal fit for this role will:
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Be an outstanding communicator and listener to an audience that’s international, diverse, and inclusive
- Have an excellent command of both English and Spanish, written and spoken.
- Thrive in a very fast-growing, high-energy startup environment that requires and rewards leadership, initiative, resourcefulness, and individual contribution
- Have superb organisation skills
- Embrace a growth mindset: challenges are opportunities to develop our mission
- Embrace humanity: amongst colleagues and within our community. One of our values is that we don’t do dickheadery
- Be someone who’s continuously learning, upskilling, and up to date on the latest marketing trends and tools
Nice to haves but not a blocker:
- Catalan, in addition to English & Spanish
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Private health insurance
- Phantom share options
- Apple laptop
- Flexible schedule, w/remote work option
- Community & Event Manager
- Barcelona, España
- 25.000 - 30.000€
- Carrer d'en Grassot, 101, 08025 Barcelona