What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and technologically informed project manager who can deliver digital platform (web, apps, marketing, digital strategy) projects within meticulously planned scopes, budgets and time frames.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that product specifications are technically feasible, user-friendly, and aligned with our clients’ business goals. Ideally, this should be complemented by technical execution skills such as familiarity with an Agile approach to software development.
Your eye for detail, high levels of energy and superior communication skills make you an indispensable link between our clients and our team of designers, UX researchers and marketing experts. You know how to manage risk and avoid bottlenecks, while driving optimal productivity (for example, by maintaining a healthy backlog of two to three pre-planned sprints).
Besides excellent project management skills, our ideal candidate has an extremely high emotional intelligence and is a natural people-person that brings leadership to achieving desired outcomes.
- Manage the execution of multiple digital projects in tandem from start to finish.
- Lead projects across a variety of services, including: website design & development, web content management, social media, eCommerce, and digital strategy.
- Create digital project timelines, from inception through completion.
- Manage schedules, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and deliverables dates are clearly communicated and executed. Prioritize tasks and establish and document processes.
- Coordinate and run team check-ins and facilitate open dialogue on project status, communicate status updates and escalate project risks regularly to the delivery lead.
- Oversee staffing, team workload and provide resource management depending our project needs.
- Conduct daily task management for all project deliverables for team members
- Act as a liaison between the agency, vendors, and internal departments to achieve project objectives
- Coordinating with client services to identify goals and objectives to determine appropriate business solutions
- Generate positive dynamics for team members, fostering collaboration, creativity and improved productivity, carrying out 1:1s with team leads as well as yearly performance evaluations
- Utilizing subject matter experts to determine level of effort for new projects and changes in scope to current projects
- Manage financial monitoring of projects as carried out by the team
- Generate new business opportunities in existing accounts
- Consolidate and share knowledge, tools and discourse with the team
- Validation of necessary material and licenses
- Open positions to hire new team members
Our expectations of you:
- 5+ years experience of managing digital projects (ideally in a digital agency environment)
- 2+ years experience of working with technical teams (preferably within a web agency environment)
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Managed projects with a minimum budget of €200,000 per year
- Sound understanding of website development, technologies, and testing methodology
- Proven ability to set priorities and deliver high-quality outcomes within a high-volume work environment with strict time constraints
- Proven ability to develop, update, and maintain project documentation including SOWs, project/program plans, and budgets – managing multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Experience in evaluating resource requirements and assign appropriate resources, both internal and external – assisting in resource forecasting for the agency
- An approachable, put people-first demeanor that brings leadership to achieving desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately delegate responsibilities and authority as needed.
Extremely high emotional intelligence, people-person, manages expectations well.
Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills (verbal & written).
Fluency in Spanish, Catalan and English.
Nice to have:
- Certification in Agile methodology and/or Scrum framework
- Experience working with project management tools like Wrike or Asana
- Experience with managing remote teams
- PMP/Prince2 certified
- Understanding of the customer journey and how to map out user flows
- Digital Project Manager
- Fail Fast (Opentrends)
- Barcelona, España
- A determinar