At Domestika we are looking for a Director of North America to build up our US business and drive its US operations.
Reporting to the VP of Markets, as Director of North America, you will be responsible for setting up and leading Domestika's US operations and growth, working with other key teams across the organization to drive operational excellence. Together with our Production team, you would build our Production (Filming and Editing) capacity in NYC and collaborate with the Marketing team in growing our brand recognition in English speaking markets.
Domestika is one of the largest growing communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
The company is based in San Francisco, California. The team is distributed in 9 countries. Domestika has the support of one of the most relevant funds in Silicon Valley (USA). In NYC we have an initial team that includes our VP of Product and Engineering and it is our goal to further expand our presence in the city.
What does a Director of North America do at Domestika?
• Responsibility for launching and growing Domestika in the US.
- Support the Production team in hiring and onboarding US team members (Producers, Filmmakers, Runners, Photo/Art Direction) in NYC, as well as their search for filming studios and supply of AV equipment that will support the production of content by Domestika in the US.
- Work with central Marketing teams in setting up the US team.
- Be the face of Domestika in dealings with local authorities and other partners in the creative community in NYC and the US.
• Provide strong local leadership and management to the Domestika team in the US ensuring consistency, quality, and effectiveness.
- Pay close attention to daily operations.
- Attract, retain, and lead a loyal and committed team of Domestika colleagues.
- Foster a performance-oriented culture, coach and enable teams to achieve their target.
• Ensure a smooth cross-functional working relationship with other global teams to drive the growth of Domestika in the US through action plans, KPIs, and reporting systems.
• Lead the development of strategic partnerships to drive brand awareness, support both the creative community, as well as our members, in identifying external partners that have the potential to accelerate company growth.
• Oversee health of the US P&L, as well as KPIs across all US departments.
• First and foremost, someone who is a strong cultural fit with Domestika.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience building and leading large teams.
• Strong academic background: BA/BS degree or equivalent, MBA from a top school is a plus.
• Entrepreneurial track record within digital media, Internet, or consumer business. Ideally, as General Manager managing at a fast-paced, fast-growth company or start-up.
• Having set up early-stage country or city operations is a plus.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills: ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
• The ability to think strategically and spot opportunities for growth in the US while driving day-to-day operations and building up the US team.
• Outstanding people and stakeholder leadership skills with the ability to communicate with, motivate, inspire, and develop teams. Naturally engaging and charismatic (can win “hearts and minds”).
• Commercially minded, with demonstrable experience negotiating with vendors and partners.
• Experience working cross-functionally with other teams or departments to obtain ambitious goals.
• Past experience in the production/filmmaking area or a creative industry would be a plus.
• Native or near-native English speaker. Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
What do we offer?
• Work in one of the fastest-growing companies in the creative industry.
• Be part of a fun, creative, cooperative, and multicultural team.
• The opportunity to set a presence from scratch in a new country for Domestika and be a key leader in the international expansion of our online community.
• The fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• Salary according to your experience and profile.
- Director of North America
- En remoto
- A convenir