At Domestika we are hiring a Director of Teacher Acquisition to lead the execution of Domestika’s teacher outreach and teacher engagement efforts.
Reporting to the VP of Programming, you will lead the team responsible for the contact, negotiation and closing of local artists and creatives to develop Domestika’s content, as well as the team responsible for handling the relationship between Domestika and these teachers. You will be part of the Programming team, and work closely with the Production team.
Domestika is one of the largest growing communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
The company is based in San Francisco, California. The team is distributed across 10 countries. Domestika has the support of one of the most relevant funds in Silicon Valley (USA).
What does a Director of Teacher Acquisition do at Domestika?
• Lead the team that contacts and closes the best professionals leading their fields (Illustration, Design, 3D & Animation, Craft, Photography & Video, Marketing & Business, …) to be part of the Domestika host of lecturers, as well as to develop exciting editorial content to be shared through Domestika and its other communication platforms.
• Formulate and implement a multi-year teacher acquisition plan for different countries and languages.
• Manage, lead and grow a diverse team of creative acquisition managers that connect with and sign contracts with our teachers, working as player-coach, both setting guidelines, processes, coordinating, managing, mentoring and ensuring KPIs are met.
• When necessary, to be the face of Domestika in dealings with key global talent.
• Ensures fluid collaboration with the Content & Strategy and Production teams to ensure smooth course development and troubleshooting, including coordination with the Production team to define filming dates and locations.
• Manage team responsible for Teacher Account Management and handling teacher inquiries and issues.
Identify opportunities to improve and expand teacher engagement. Ensure the relationships built with the community of prospects and teachers at Domestika are of the highest quality.
• Coordinate with other cross-functional teams to make the most of our relationship with teachers: pre, during and post-course production.
• Develop, plan, and execute improvements in team processes to allow the team to scale efficiently.
Identifies synergies between the Teachers and Domestika, and makes sure other internal teams are aware of the situation of individual teachers and as a whole.
• 7+ years of work experience, with at least 5 years in a Sales Management or business development role.
• International experience coordinating teams globally.
• Experience scaling a sales team or vendor management team.
• Strong analytical and data-driven background in sales or account management.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills (written and verbal).
• Experience in sales planning and managing a 10+ person sales organization.
• Past experience in e-commerce or a marketplace business is a plus.
• Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias towards action while working effectively in an innovative environment that values collaboration without ego.
• High energy and optimistic team-player and supporter with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Experience with CRM tools such as Hubspot or Salesforce required.
• Native or near-native English.
• Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
What do we offer?
• Work in one of the fastest growing companies in the creative industry.
• Be part of a fun, creative, cooperative and multicultural team.
• The opportunity to be a key leader in the growth of our online community.
• Fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• Remote work (time zone allowing).
• Salary according to your experience and profile.
Esta oferta de empleo está cerrada.
- Director of Teacher Acquisition and Teacher Management
- En remoto
- A convenir