At Domestika we’re looking for a Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor located in London.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers in the creative field. From this grew a community of over 5 million people who are curious and passionate about learning new skills.
Today, Domestika produces online courses. We share editorial content for and with the best creative people in the world. We run creative events where teachers, creative professionals, and students all have the chance to share experiences, ideas, and projects.
What does a Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor do at Domestika?
We are looking for a creative and talented filmmaker assistant to join Domestika’s Editorial Content Team in London.
As a Filmmaker Assistant in the Editorial Content Department, you will be working in our in-house creative content production, creating original content for our social media channels that can engage with English speaking audiences (interviews, documentaries, tutorials, etc).
We are looking for a creative person who can work on formats that have already been established for an English audience and who is also able to create new ones designed for platforms like Instagram and Youtube.
You’ll assist the team’s filmmaker and work collaboratively with inspiring and international creatives (copywriters, designers, video editors, etc.) to create wonderful pieces that will engage with our audience and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
You’ll assist in the filmmaking projects for the Editorial Content department in the UK, checking sound, controlling the light, and assisting the filmmaker in all aspects of shooting.
You’ll edit interviews, short docs, and course-related content in an ever-changing environment that adapts to digital trends and the company’s mission.
We are looking for someone with a solid knowledge of camera, lighting, and visual audiovisual narratives both on set and in the editing room.
• 3+ years experience operating camera, lighting on set, and editing video in the digital field (social media, advertising, fiction, and documentary).
• Excellent knowledge of camera equipment, lighting, and editing software.
• Highly proactive, organized, digital-focused, and a great team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
It’s a plus:
• Sound and color correction editing abilities.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects tools.
• An eye for color correction/finishing.
• Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, or Italian.
• You seek audiovisual excellence in each piece of content.
• You have the ability to anticipate the needs of every shoot.
• You are responsible for the quality of all of our audio and visual content.
• You know when you’re needed without people asking.
• You are self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You find and solve problems within the workflow of each project.
• You have good artistic judgment.
• You are committed to meeting deadlines.
• You're passionate about everything creative.
• You’re a team player.
• You’re proactive about suggesting ideas, introducing new formats, and adapting to new platforms.
• You‘re flexible and thrive in fast-moving environments.
• You’re positive.
• You're a champion of creativity.
• You communicate clearly.
• You have sensitivity and common sense.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• An honest salary based on your experience and profile.
Here you can see some examples of our projects:
• Maestros Milton Glaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hEXvviKXA&t=1s
• Creatives Edel Rodriguez: https://www.facebook.com/Domestikaen/videos/208027843921601
• History of VFX: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-yA0bqCl0v/
• Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zap6Wc9FVVA&ab_channel=Domestika
• Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4npFPR7LmQ
• Lives: https://www.domestika.org/es/live
- Filmmaker Assistant & Video Editor
- Londres, Reino Unido
- According to experience