At Domestika we are looking for a Data Engineer.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 4 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The person will form part of the team responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data platform architecture (we are an autonomous team and look after our entire data platform stack). The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The person should be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
What does a Data Engineer do at Domestika?
• Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline while also supporting and managing the platform.
• Assemble data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Work with Product, Data and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer/DataOps role.
• A good understanding of infrastructure and dockerized applications on Kubernetes.
• Experience working on AWS with technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, Athena, DataLake Formation, Glue, etc.
• Working experience with Python, Spark or Scala as well as workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (including MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc).
• Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured datasets.
• Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and data stores.
• Spanish, while nice to have, not a mandatory requirement.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• An honest salary according to your experience and profile.
- Data Engineer
- En remoto
- A convenir