At Domestika we’re looking for a talented English Language Specialist.
The English Language Specialist will be responsible for the translation and localization of all content from Spanish into English and proofread English copy. As part of the English voice of Domestika, this role will support all language needs in a creative and fast-moving environment.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 1.5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does an English Language Specialist do at Domestika?
You will work with the Copywriting team managing the quality of the English version of Domestika.org, specifically translating and localizing online courses (landing titles, descriptions, and content), communication materials, and marketing campaigns (ads, newsletters, etc.) from Spanish into English, and proofreading English copy.
• Native English speaker.
• Advanced Spanish level.
• 3 or more years of experience translating and transcreating copy from Spanish to English.
• Exquisite written and verbal ability in English.
• Responsible and able to prioritize tasks.
Would be a plus:
• You provide the highest standards of quality in English.
• You localize and translate maintaining consistency and tone of voice.
• You provide creative translation solutions.
• You know how to localize with a commercial focus.
• You are a natural proofreader.
• You’re self-critical and aim to be perfect in every written piece you localize.
• You know SEO and understand the importance of it.
• You’re organized and love to be the owner of your projects.
• You’re a team player.
• You’re proactive about suggesting ideas to improve.
• You’re flexible and open for feedback.
What do we offer?
• Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
• A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
• A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
• An honest salary according to your experience and profile.
Take a look at some of the work you will translate and localize:
• Landings: https://www.domestika.org/en/courses/756-transforming-your-creative-ideas-into-personal-projects
• Mini trailer: https://youtu.be/CvzOWnn8woU
• Campaign: https://youtu.be/0oRJtQ1Vkwo
• Interior Design: https://youtu.be/XwC8pd0Bdp4
- Language Specialist - English
- Barcelona, España
- A convenir