During the last 17 years GrayHairSoftware(GHS), based in the Greater Philadelphia, USA, has been the industry leader in postal and mail marketing solutions.
Our solutions process around 100M of records daily. We have datasets in the order of hundreds of TBs. In 2018 we will be re-architecturing our solutions. Any candidate joining any of our re-architecture teams will be in a position with a great potential career-growth opportunity. Some of the technologies we will be using are: AWS, Spark, Redshift, Tableau, Kinesis, Redshift, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.
We have members spread across the world USA, Mexico, and Spain. The candidate joining our team will enjoy a flexible schedule, remote work, an innovative and collaborative environment, working with the latest technologies and with a group of great engineers and professionals.
The relationship between our virtual tech team and our company is a contractor relationship. We are able to offer competitive rates for our contractors so you can be totally focus on our business. We offer competitive and negotiable salary based on experience.
The person filling this role will work in every phase of the software lifecycle. He/she will participate in brainstorming meetings to come up with new product features and business solutions. He/she will help with sprint planning (we use SCRUM). And it is to be expected to play an important role in software design, data modelling and software implementation.
All communication will be in English: email, chat, documents, code and conference calls. So good English skills are required. Since this is a remote (virtual) position, we need someone that has good communication skills and that can manage and document his work.
The candidate must be a team-oriented person. He/she needs to be able to take input and opinions from stakeholders and team-members in a constructive way. It is also expected from him/her to give his input on how to improve things to other team members.
- Fluent in English
- Team-oriented person
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Software architecture: MVC, single-page pattern, SOA
- SQL and data modeling (ER)
- OOP and functional programming
- SCRUM or similar work methodologies
- Unit and acceptance tests
- Computer Science degree and Master
- Spark, Parquet
- Kinesis, AWS Lambda or similar
- NoSQL: Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar
- MySQL/Postgres and SQL-Server
- AWS, EMR
- Spring, Node.js, Ruby on Rails
- Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3
- Jquery, Bootstrap, Angular, and React
- Tableau, QuickSight, PowerBI
- Predictive modeling/Data Science with R, Python, MLib, or Mahout
- System Configuration, and deployment tools
- Software architecture: microservices, event driven approaches...
Perks & Benefits
- Opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Opportunity to work with a great tech stack.
- We are passionate about what we do and have fun as we do it.
- Working from home.
- Full Stack Software Engineer (Full time position)
- En remoto
- Competitive salary