Are you passionate about video games, especially about casual games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking a Level Designer!
Level designers leverage their creative expertise to devise fun experiences.
You will be responsible for creating fun gameplay levels. You will work closely with the Game Designers to prove and implement core gameplay concepts. With the art department you will iterate on challenging and polished environments to create memorable experiences and crystallize the gameplay into a high-quality mobile game.
Main responsibilities are:
• Create Levels
o Concept/paper design to define intentions
o Prototyping and iterations (using proprietary tools or industry standards)
o Actual implementation in-game
• Participate to Game design creation to ensure a proper Level design experience (brainstorm, reviews, implementation, tweaks…)
• Overall Balancing of the game (Learning & Difficulty curve)
• Collaborate with the art department for final art implementation
• Produce supporting documentation for internal and external review (visual documentation)
• Research and benchmark other games levels
• At least 1 years of professional experience as Level Designer.
• Highly creative
• Demonstrable experience creating game levels, from paper design to integration
• Strong knowledge of general game design (retention, monetization, multiplayer, balancing…)
• Good communication and presentation skills – able to convey ideas, summarize complex concepts and produce detailed analysis…
• Wide knowledge of mobile games (especially free-to-play): flagship titles and their audience
• Able to manage feedback and iterate accordingly (internal, playtests, community, tracking…)
• Fluent English
• 1 shipped title (better if on mobile platform)
• Strong interest in casual and midcore games
• Rapid prototyping of ideas with industry standard tools such as Flash, Sketch-up, Unity, Unreal, etc.
• 3D modelling skill
• Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
• Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere.
• International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from all around the world.
• Salary based upon experience and merit.
• Permanent contract, full-time job.
• Flexible schedule.
• Social benefits.
• Career Progression and Development Opportunities.
• Relocation support.
• Excellent working conditions! Studio situated in the center of Madrid.
- Level Designer
- Gameloft Madrid
- Madrid, España
- According to experience