Worldreader has officially launched our programs in Jordan, and we’re adding an Arabic-speaking specialist to our content team.
This specialist will build, manage, and maintain relationships with authors and publishers to increase the relevance and value of our digital library in Arabic and French languages.
This is a full-time, six-month, temporary position, with the possibility of extension should employee performance and funding allow. This role works from our Barcelona offices; some international travel may be required.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with publishers to license relevant content for Worldreader’s R2K Jordan project.
- Find and recruit authors interested in creating Arabic language content for Worldreader or donating existing content.
- Support the Worldreader librarian and Barcelona Francophone PAR in curating a selection of titles from our existing English and French collections to be made available to the R2K Jordan beneficiaries.
- Help set-up and chair the review committee for selection and vetting of Arabic language content.
- Support the Barcelona production team with the Arabic text needs (metadata, quality assurance, publishing on Worldreader platforms).
- Support the Worldreader team in Jordan during the implementation phase of the project, gathering feedback on relevance of content and taking actions when/if required to acquire new titles.
- Source relevant public domain and creative commons content as well as fresh content from local publishers.
- Stay abreast of local publishing trends for Arabic children’s books and best seller lists.
- Liaise and develop relationships with relevant local and regional organisations and governments that have a vested interest in the digital book market.
- Build Worldreader’s brand in the publishing sector by partnering with local professional associations, publishing in industry magazines and speaking at publishing events.
- Highly proficient or fluent in English and Arabic (written and spoken communication).
- 2-3 years working in publishing, education, and/or digital production (preferably in a sales, rights acquisition, or other business development role).
- Experience working with complex contracts and knowledge of international rights in the publishing industry.
- Good knowledge of the Jordanian and MENA children’s books market.
- Knowledge of or demonstrable comfort level with the technical aspects of digital book production (like DRM, epub, mobi. OEM).
- Must have the right to work in Spain at the time of application.
Nice to Have’s:
- French language proficiency.
Barcelona, Spain. You must have the necessary work permit and visa requirements prior to applying for the position.
Worldreader offers a great place to work and the opportunity to have a glowing and growing career.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us.
- Publisher and Authors Relations Specialist for Arabic Content
- Barcelona, España
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience