Managing your home contracts and making sure that you always benefit from the best possible deal is hard, time-consuming and boring. Our mission is to help people all around the world have the best deals on all their home utility contracts such as Energy, Internet, TV, Insurance, and Alarm. We provide comparison and subscription services to make managing all of your utility bills simpler, cheaper, and greener!
With over 1400 team members in 15 countries around the world, and over 200 million visitors on our websites in 2020, Selectra is a leading European startup. We have been ranked #99 fastest-growing French startups by Les Echos in 2021 and have been listed on multiple occasions in the Financial Times ranking of Europe’s fastest-growing companies.
The Loyalty Product Team is a recently created team. Its purpose is discovering the product that our customers will love to better manage their current home contracts and keep benefiting from our services. Your projects might include working on our good deals newsletter, connecting our system to external services to collect consumption data, or creating a new mobile app to let customers visualize and handle their contracts.
You will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results by working hand-in-hand with a Product Manager, a Product Designer and the rest of Product Engineers.
If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has and how much it impacts the company's bottom line, Loyalty is a great place to launch your Selectra career!
You will do this:
- Contributing to the creation, evolution, and maintenance of your product end-to-end: coding both front end and back, testing, optimizing resources (number of containers, servers, memory, cpu, etc), setting up monitoring and alerting mechanisms, etc.
- Being part of the Discovery sessions with the rest of the team to assess the technical feasibility of the proposed solutions as well as to suggest alternative ones that allows the team to quickly measure the impact of a new idea (mostly running A/B tests).
- Measuring and tracking the performance of your solutions both at a business and technical level to make new product decisions.
- Pair programming, code reviewing, and working with the rest of Product Engineers of your team in an always collaborative environment.
- Contributing beyond your squad by participating in architectural decisions that our microservices system will benefit from, as well as coaching and mentoring other Product Engineers in the department.
What You’ll Need
3+ years of experience delivering a product built on top of a distributed architecture.
Experience with PHP preferably with Laravel.
Passionate about software and continuous learner.
Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
Strong base on SOLID principles, OOP, and Design Patterns.
Be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Experience with ReactJS.
Experience with Domain, Test, and Behavior Driven Design.
Active in software and tech communities.
Previous startup experience is a plus
- An ambitious company: we want to be THE company providing THE best product to help customers manage their home contracts & recurring expenses.
- Top notch: we are (still) not Google, Amazon, or any other tech giant, but we follow their product and engineering practices.
- Free language classes
- Flexible remote work
- We care about your health: private health insurance, and a 50% discount on gym membership. And above all, a healthy working environment where you’ll blossom!
- Great work-life balance: flexible work/holidays schedule
- A young and upbeat work environment: leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and sneakers kind of place.
- A truly international team: +10 nationalities working in the same place.
- Company events: it’s a little challenging right now with COVID, but we love to party after having worked hard!
- Weekly learning initiatives: we have weekly activities with the rest of engineers to learn and grow together.
- Get active in the tech community: attend and participate in local and international tech events. We’re doing really cool things and are proud to share them!
- Everything you need: whether you prefer Mac, Linux or Windows, an additional screen or two, we set you up for success.
- Long-term contract with 6 months trial period
- Competitive Salary 40-50k/y depending on profile.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
Session 1: Interview with HR in which you’ll learn more about the company and the culture.
Note: Your Github repository may allow us to see your coding skills and skip the test.
Session 2: Technical assessment & Team fit.
- Senior Backend Developer
- Madrid, Spain
- 40.000€ - 50.000€
- Calle Conde de Vilches 20, 28028 Madrid