Please note: You need to be proficient in English
With strong local roots, but an international footprint, Friday Media Group is a great place to work. We’re a positive bunch, full of drive and not scared of hard work, but there’s no hint of ‘corporateness’ – we prefer the relaxed and friendly approach. We try to devolve responsibility as much as possible, which means there’s freedom to make decisions and, well, do your job.
There’s a lot going on here, and we’re not scared to try new things or change direction, so you’ll never be bored. We have about 80 brands to our name – some long-established market leaders, some just starting out in the world. Most of them aim to create value by bringing people together; buyers and sellers, recruiters and jobseekers, brokers and customers.
Our Barcelona office is the creative hub of the company! Our top team of graphic and UX/UI designers work from sunnier climes in a small office in the centre of Barcelona.
We work with the teams from the UK on a daily basis to create marketing, sales and web products.
We are looking for an experienced and outstanding UX/UI designer to start working right away with the design team. You will report directly to the Head of design. Must be someone with experience across the multifaceted aspects of design as well as UX research methodologies. High level of English is essential!
As a UX/UI designer, you will:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Create gorgeous designs involving complex UX systems always focusing on the end user.
- Have advanced skills in Sketch (essential!), Adobe Creative Suite applications, prototyping tools like Invision as well as basic notion of HTML and CSS.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about design, technology and web products and services and be up to date on last trends and tools.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Work on the creation of new web products and apps, from research plan, participating on user interviews and user testing, to personas and journey maps creation, wireframes, website mockups and interaction prototypes.
- Apply design thinking and user centred design methodologies.
- Must be someone with experience working with design systems and UI libraries. Experience working on Abstract is a plus!
- Have proven experience designing mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Work closely with our Product, Analytics and Development teams.
- Experience working on an Agile environment.
- Work on several projects at a time.
- Half-day Fridays
- Young and relaxed atmosphere
- Possibility to attend Design/UX conferences
- Team building activities
- Free coffee and milk
- Birthday off work perk
Pay is dependant on skills and experience.
If you feel like we’ve described you, send us your CV and portfolio
- UX/UI Designer
- Friday Media Group
- Barcelona, Spain
- Mare de deu de la Salut, 78, 2F