Elkanodata is a digital creative agency specialized in information design: visual communication, motion graphics, data visualization and interactive design.
In Elkanodata we are looking for a 2D Senior Animator (especially Character Animation) with talent, ambition and proven experience to be part of the motion graphics team and improve the quality and performance of the products we develop, as well as be part of the creative process.
We are looking for a creative person, with high mastery of the Adobe package (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects), with a proactive, detailed attitude, open to criticism, constant improvement, change and new ideas, with the ability to work under pressure, leadership and team management and responsible for timings and quality of the final result.
We are an international team and work primarily with US clients, so it is essential to have an advanced written and oral level of English. Not so much to communicate with the team, but above all at an understanding level to understand the results that customers are looking for and timely communication with customers.
We are a young, dynamic, international, ambitious and demanding company in an emerging market with high growth potential.
What will your role in the team be?
You will be involved in the entire process of creation and development of Motion Graphics and animations, you will be responsible for participating in each of the production phases, from the development of the creative concept, script, storyboarding to the final animation with the result of a top quality Motion Graphics:
- Collaboration and/or direction of the motion graphics project team and animation.
- Conceptualization of animation (concept design), based on the client's briefing and the script developed by the editorial team.
- Elaboration or collaboration in storyboards, visual narrative and storytelling creation.
- Motion graphics animation
What are we looking for in you?
We are looking for a creative animator, able to perform well in different styles and oriented to reach the best quality standards (see linked examples).
Easy to work as a team and contribute ideas in project development.
Characteristics or technical knowledge of the candidate to be assessed:
1. Good technical level and great fluency in character animation/cel animation.
Texture techniques and graphic style:
Also highly valued:
3. 3D elements incorporated in the 2D
What person profile are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience as a motion graphics animator
- In or around Barcelona or willing to move to Barcelona
- Experience in leadership, team management and highly demanding projects
- Training in editing, illustration and animation or similar
- Used to Mac environment
- Creative person
- Proactive attitude, with initiative, analytical and interested in new forms of communication
- Willingness to join multidisciplinary work teams and lead a team
- Very detail-oriented/perfectionist
- Strong communication skills
- Responsible and capable of organizing, resolving and complying with timings
What requirements are essential?
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, C4D
- High mastery of After Effects
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- English - Advanced level
- Spanish – mid level written/spoken
- Cover letter
- A portfolio with completed works or your own website
- References of previous work and contact information
- Knowledge of sound, voiceover and sfx
We also value very positively:
- Notions of film direction and broad audiovisual culture
- Experience working with clients and international environment
- Project management tool experience (Trello, Scoro, etc.) is a plus
- People who do not live in Barcelona or Spain and are willing to move to the city
- Hobbies outside of work that you are passionate about
- Any additional expertise and/or knowledge, no matter how crazy it may seem
What do we offer?
- Half day Fridays (Grab a beer with us, go to the beach, hit the gym downstairs)
- Offices in the center of Barcelona
- International, multicultural and talented team. We are a team of 10 consisting of more than 6 nationalities
- Team events (no, they are not mandatory!)
- A parking spot for your bike or motorbike
- 2D Senior Animator
- Barcelona, Spain
- 25-29K € gross annual salary (depending on the candidate’s experience)