The role of Smart Steps is to leverage Telefónica’s data assets to provide value to the wider business and our customers. We build the technology that underpins a portfolio of products that seek to understand how populations move, predict human behavior, and much more.
Do you want to be part of a team that is responsible for helping to turn Telefónica into a data company? We’re looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to help us on this mission.
Objectives and responsibilities:
• Lead software development of a Big Data platform, operating in 15 countries across Europe, Latin America and Asia
• Write clean code that is ready to be deployed, scaled, and maintained.
• Help to guide platform architecture, ensuring flexibility and scalability
• Be an internal reference point for engineering best practices
You’ll be an expert in Scala and Java, and also be comfortable with functional programming principles. You’ll also be ready to jump in and evaluate new technologies and use your experience to evaluate technology tradeoffs that impact the business every day.
• You will have 5+ years of professional software development experience, with some experience programming in Scala.
• Experience with building and maintaining applications with Apache Spark and the Hadoop stack, with expertise in memory management, tuning, etc.
• Experience building Big Data batch processing systems.
• Strong knowledge of system design principles and software architecture.
• Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Experience of cloud platforms and virtual infrastructure.
• Experience of working within a structured software development team.
• Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team worker.
• Critical thinking, positive mindset.
• Able to wear many hats
Software Engineering, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, AWS, Linux/Unix, Bash, Data Processing & Transformation
Minimum required years of experience (in each of the areas independently but not in whole): Expertise/Functional Area
At least 6 months: Scala Engineer
5 years: Software Engineer / Programmer
Salary: Up to a maximum of 55K Pounds, depending on the candidate level
- Senior Platform Engineer
- Londres, United Kingdom