The Signal Processing for Communications and Navigation (SPCOMNAV) research group, at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, seeks a full-time software engineer to join our team and contribute to the scaling, improvement and maintenance of our innovative Cloud-based GPS receiver. The software platform is currently available in alpha test version and the objective is to convert it into a robust, highly available and scalable service open to the general public.
We are looking for a candidate blending deep technical knowledge, enthusiasm and entrepreneurship, excelling in the following criteria:
• proven experience in building web based applications.
Rails, jQuery, mySQL.
• experience with Cloud computing platforms, in particular Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, EBS).
• knowledge on the specification and implementation of APIs for data queuing and application-to-
application data exchange, as well as RESTful services.
• a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, best development
practices and version control systems like git.
Candidates should have proven professional experience (junior candidates are also welcome, and they can even be in the last year of their M.Sc. in Computer/Telecom Engineering). We offer a full-time competitive salary, a young and open working environment, a cutting edge and innovative project, and the possibility of setting up a start-up company.
- Software Engineer / Full Stack Developer
- SPCOMNAV - UAB
- Barcelona, Spain
- From 22k€ to 36k€ depeding on experience
- School of Engineering, Campus UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain