As a team we thrive for excellence, innovation, collaboration and efficiency. We enjoy what we do, understand our customers and build a platform that clients love and need. The relentless commitment of our team to accept new business challenges guarantees that we are creative and respectful of time, resources as well as the environment. We keep all our actions and goals transparent, cultivate a culture of leadership, inclusion, execution and respect.
As a valued member of the Parallels group of companies, our background is global, innovative and diverse. In December 2015 it was the right time for Plesk to become a separate business enabling to accelerate development cycles, drive innovation and solely focus on the needs of our partners, customers and employees.
We are seeking a Web Developer to work on our company website and other web projects as needed, reporting to the Director Online Marketing. This role is expected to bring an eye for design along with practical web development abilities, specifically around WordPress. You will work closely with our graphic designers, product marketers, and other internal stakeholders to bring to life our brand, product information and collateral, and other website content, via the code you write.
Role and responsibilities
Under limited direction and with an entrepreneurial spirit – working out of the Plesk office in Barcelona/Spain - with regular travel to one of the company’s offices.
• Develop and implement front-end web code and design standards and writing clean, semantic code.
• Jointly with a UX designer as a lead, wireframe and mockup revamped or brand new site pages and present to senior management.
• Collaborate with marketing teammates, senior management, designers, and other project stakeholders.
• Create and optimize our web content management system (WordPress), hitting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality web development.
• Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for prospects, leads, and customers.
• Consolidate and optimize all our internal web related systems such as the main website, Knowledge Base, Blog, Support, Training and other sections.
• Implement a self-care system based on various other 3rd party systems and their APIs to provide a consolidated view to our partners including but not limited to: billing, licensing, marketing materials, support tickets. Develop an automated sign-up process for our partners based on that system and in connection with our website.
• Implement additional integrations with our outsourced ecommerce platform through its API
• Occasionally build so-called Plesk Extensions based on PHP and Plesk SDK
• Extend the Plesk Extensions catalog towards becoming an Extensions marketplace
• Engage with the main CMS communities (not more than 10% of time)
• Support and Consult Plesk Engineering Team on further development of the so-called WordPress Toolkit and the upcoming releases in general.
Skills and Qualifications
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to integrate WordPress and other systems (such as Hubspot) over API(s) based on documentation
• Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices. You are a problem solver with everything you develop to improve our site’s experience and drive action.
• Used to create automatically responsive webpages for mobile, tablet, and desktop. Your work must appeal to all three and there should ideally be a mobile-first/touch-first approach.
• Ability to show past work samples similar to Plesk's Website and other work samples
• Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in the UI community.
• Bonus experience and skills include Ruby, Python, Typo3, Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.
• Additional bonus experience and skills include Linux, bash, CDN, Docker, git, mod_security, nginx and other DevOps related technologies
• Willingness and ability to travel when needed
• Competitive, ethical, refuse-to-lose attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent team building and influencing skills.
Mixture of startup and large company experience a plus.Standout Compensation and Benefits
• Attractive, Competitive Compensation
• The unique opportunity to have a significant leadership impact at one of the world’s fastest growing software companies
• Global, Entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team spirit over multiple countries
This job offer is closed.
- Senior Web Developer
- Barcelona, Spain
- Depending on experience
- Passeig de Gracia 54, 6b