Elkanodata is a digital creative agency specializing in information design: visual communications, motion graphics, data visualizations and interactive design.
We transform complex information and statistics into innovative and attractive experiences through high quality visual content.
At Elkanodata we are looking for a Senior Illustrator with lots of talent, ambition and proven experience to form part of the illustration, design and animation teams and elevate the end-quality of the products we’re creating.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
You will be involved in the entire creative and production process for motion graphics and illustrations. You will be in charge of the creation of illustrations and will collaborate with the animation team to develop high quality motion graphics:
- Develop storyboards, concept design, still frames, illustrations and icons
- Collaborate with the design, illustration and animation teams
- Conceptualize the animation, scenes and storyboards based on the client briefing
- Illustrate storyboards, creating the visual narrative and basis for storytelling
What We are Looking For
We are looking for a very creative illustrator that is capable of managing various styles and always aims to achieve the highest standards of quality (see example links below).
Easily works in teams and brings ideas to the table throughout the creative and production process.
Can create versatile styles, above all:
- Flat without texture:
- Flat with texture/digital brushes:
- Combinations of outline with fill:
Has a good understanding of the movements of characters, fluid animation and/or frame by frame, as well as knowledge of textures.
The collaboration between the illustration and animation teams should produce results with a level of quality close to the following:
Technical, Professional and Personal Skills
- Experience working in a team and on highly demanding projects
- Knows how to quickly sketch and hand-draw
- Knows how to lay out and arrange graphic elements
- Accustomed to working on a Mac
- Creative person
- Proactive attitude, has initiative, analytical and interested in new forms of communication
- Willingness to integrate into multidisciplinary teams and be in charge of people
- Very detail-oriented/perfectionist
- Responsible and has capacity for organization, problem-solving skills and knows how to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills and collaborative working skills
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as an illustrator for motion graphics
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Has a degree in Illustration or similar
- English – Mid/Advanced Level Written/Spoken
- Spanish – Advanced Level Written/Spoken
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio with completed professional projects or your own web portfolio/reel
- Previous job references and their contact information
Additional Skills that are Positively Valued
- Knowledge of the world of animation, film and broad knowledge of audiovisual culture
- Knowledge of AfterEffects and 3D software
- Hobbies and passions outside of work
- Any other experience and/or skills, even if it seems crazy
What we offer
- Immediate start-date
- Great work environment with a young, international and motivated team
- Projects for international clients and with elevated impact
- Ability to develop in a very specialized environment and in an emerging market with elevated potential for growth
This job offer is closed.
- Senior Illustrator (for 2D Animation)
- Barcelona, Spain
- 20,000 - 28,000 € bruto, según valía del candidato