• Assist in handling the recreation and formatting of projects for Project Managers and other production team members in other offices and time zones to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Convert PDF to Word and fix formatting on converted Word files for translation.
• Editing of graphics and charts included in Word files.
• Assess time/material requirements for completion of Formatting tasks.
• Provide technical support on Formatting matters for production team, sales and other departments.
• Update and maintain multiple databases to properly track status and time spent on projects.
• Using required tools and following required processes.
Essential skills and experience required:
• Efficient, detail-oriented, and organized person who can be responsive to a deadline and results driven environment, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
• Proficient knowledge of main formatting applications (MS Word, Pages…), and conversion tools (PDF to Word, OCR software…).
• Well-versed in different languages page layout, punctuation and numbering conventions for DTP, with exceptional eye for detail.
• Specific training on Formatting/DTP and translation technology.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player.
• Must be flexible with hours to accommodate project deadlines.
• Advanced knowledge of regular DTP applications (InDesign, QuarkXPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio…) is a HUGE plus.
• Advanced knowledge of RTL or Asian languages a HUGE plus (Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean…).
• Knowledge of CAT tools desired (Wordfast).
• Localization, DTP, and technology related experience desired.
- Formatting Specialist
- Barcelona, Spain
- To be confirmed