At BMAT we love music and technology! We analyze, index, and recognize all the music in the world to provide search, recommendation and monitoring solutions to the music industry. BMAT is a rapidly growing and passionate company, with a creative, multicultural and dynamic team which operates globally, working with more than 50 customers worldwide. Our clients include companies like Yamaha, EMI, Sony, Samsung, and Singtel.
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of a distributed platform that monitors the music in more than 2,500 channels across the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Design and implementation of new features, bug fixing
• Platform maintenance: when an angry sysadmin tells you off because a process is overloading a machine or causing network congestion, you will remain unfazed and fix the problem quickly
• Communication with other departments: explain technical ideas to non technical people, translate customer needs into requirements
Some technical details for the curious
• All our platform runs on Linux, with a few machines on Amazon EC2
• Our server-side code is written in Python, with a little bit of C here and there
• We use MySQL as a database
• Our source code is managed with git
• BMAT's lingua franca is Spanish / Catalan, so fluency in those languages would be a plus
If you are familiar with those technologies, great! However, they are not mandatory.
If you are enthusiastic and think you can help us make Vericast a better software, you are very much welcomed to apply!
- Backend Developer
- BMAT Music Innovation
- Barcelona, Spain
- To be defined
- Carrer Bruniquer, 49