At XING Spain we are responsible for the development of all of XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker. The combination of E-Recruiting and Social Networking is an exciting emerging market. Our focus is on building smart solutions in the spirit of user-centric relevant information, fuelled by company reviews and ratings from our subsidiary Kununu.
We are looking for an an experienced and passionate Android Developer to join our mobile team. You will be part of a small cross-functional team consisting of around eight people working in Development, Product and Project Management, Interaction/Visual Design and Quality Assurance.
A challenging task:
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product.
- You work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context.
A convincing background:
- 4 years experience with Android mobile applications
- Solid knowledge about the Android SDK and experience with Android SDK tools
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge about general software development patterns
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks would be a big plus
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience with iOS development.
- Fluent in Spanish and German.
What we offer:
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, jQuery, Git, Jenkins…
- An innovation week every two months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Training and conferences.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- Subsidised restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- Company pension plan.
- Spanish and German lessons.
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary.
- We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we're doing (https://devblog.xing.com) while also organising public user groups and coding events.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
This job offer is closed.
- Senior Android Developer (m/f)
- XING AG
- Barcelona, Spain
- Competitive salary
- Consell de Cent, 334