Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Barcelona? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
GAMELOFT, present in 20 countries around Europe, North America and Asia (more than 5,000 employees), is a leading international developer and distributor of video games looking for new talent to reinforce its creation teams.
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable Me: Minion Rush and Asphalt 8 is hiring!
Our Barcelona studio is looking for a Studio Creative Director who can envision genre defining game trends and creative strategies for our games.
- - Coordinate with the Studio Manager and other team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision with excellence.
- Direct the tone and gameplay of the project with an eye towards compelling character development, visionary narrative progression, and addictive mechanics.
- Collaborate with gameplay designers to ensure that game designs meet quality requirements and deadlines. Set clear creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus efforts across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service.
- Anticipate threats to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate.
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with Art, Technology, Audio and Production that ensures a best-in-industry production process.
- Coordinate and direct level design teams, to ensure the perfect synergy between mechanics and progression through the game.
- Allocate, coordinate and plan resources in collaboration with managers and producers. Anticipate recruitment needs of game designers and participate in the recruitment process.
- - Above 4 years as GD including experiences as lead GD or main GD for core gameplay on mobile platforms (mobile consoles or iOS/Android)
- Must have shipped at least 2 successful titles as a lead or senior GD position
- Proficient in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, balancing, and reward system, etc.
- Ability to concisely convey ideas, formulate and develop complex concepts
- Capable of providing focused and inspiring creative leadership
- Up-to-date on the mobile market and trend
- Ability to hold a strong creative vision while also adapting it to the market evolution
- Prototyping ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, Game Maker, etc.
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent level of English.
- - Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages
- Working experience on Next Gen platforms
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- - Permanent contract, full-time job and excellent Social Benefits.
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package.
- Career-development opportunities.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games.
- Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
- Excellent local working conditions (quality of offices, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona).
This job offer is closed.
- Studio Creative Director (Video Games)
- Muncie, United States
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system + Social Benefits