Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Gameloft is seeking a Senior Sound Designer, who’s got a lot of experience in casual gaming, to join its Audio team.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working on site with the Game Designers and Producers for a multitude of projects at Gameloft, the Senior Sound Designer is responsible for creating all the sound for upcoming games on platforms such as iPad, iPhone, Android devices, etc.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Sound Director. There is no music composing in this role.
• Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Protools, Cubase, Ableton Live, Reaper), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition, etc.). The ideal candidate must also have strong knowledge of popular VST plug-ins, necessary for audio editing and mixing.
• Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
• Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, Wwise).
• Capacity to create and edit original sounds, in the form of audio samples, sound synthesis, etc.
• Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market
• Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases
• Ability to produce original, high-quality sound effects quickly and efficiently under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in Sound Design in the video game industry. Portfolio will be requested.
• A diploma in Sound Design is an asset.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have many years of experience playing video games and have acquired a good understanding of current sound quality standards;
• Moreover, the ideal candidate should be a team player; have a strong sense of creativity, analysis and synthesis; be hard-working; have effective interpersonal skills; and have strong organizational skills;
• The ideal candidate must also be able to easily create and understand sound environments of video games.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Permanent contract, full-time job and Social Benefits.
• Career-development opportunities.
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others.
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company.
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people.
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis.
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona).
This job offer is closed.
- Senior Sound Designer [Casual Games]
- Barcelona, Spain
- Motivating salary and excellent social benefits.