Job reference (please quote this in the subject field):
#D032 Art Director Editorial
We are seeking a talented, creative & inspiring Art Director to help lead the Esprit Fashion Editorial Design Team.
Machinas is fresh, progressive, young-minded, multi-national, English-spoken design studio based in Barcelona.
Established in 2000 our experience has helped us become a leader in the specialist field of Fashion E-commerce.
With clients such as ESCADA, ESPRIT and HUGO BOSS we are constantly evolving and developing our design solutions, our strategies and our team in order to remain the global market leaders.
We work to high standards in creativity, innovation, in accuracy, e-commerce speed and with the professional relation to our clients.
We are a multi-national team - our studio environment consists of collective of creative individuals from all over the world.
Esprit is an international fashion brand that has represented style and quality since 1968.
Effortless style, authenticity and easy-going living are at the heart of the brand philosophy.
They are an industry leader in the world of Fashion E-commerce and are the benchmark in this sector when it comes to style and commercial success.
The Art Director
Are you are a very talented and inspiring Art Director?
Can you lead a team to do astonishing creations?
Do you have exceptional taste and an in-depth knowledge of fashion?
Do you have a feminine design-style suited to a client such as Esprit?
Do you have a highly trained design-eye and exceptional attention for detail?
Do you have extensive knowledge of trends in fashion, design and technology?
Do you have related experience coming from the world of fashion?
Then we are looking for you!
You will work in close relationship with our client Esprit, assisting the Senior Art Director
to lead a team of talented designers to create state-of-the-art fashion newsletter layouts,
global online campaigns and other digital marketing design projects.
You will be the lead in developing and managing the execution of these projects,
analysing the results, providing the art direction, copywriting/editing, image research
and overseeing production and process for all collateral pieces.
• You will be responsible for creating and producing solid designs that align to the creative
and marketing direction provided by the client.
• Producing innovative design solutions that stay true to the client’s style guidelines
and meet the objectives of their brand’s identity.
• You work well as a team member; you have an understanding of how a design team operates.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• You should be constantly be following and have an awareness of trends and new ideas
and possess the ability to introduce them into your designs.
• Have the ability to meet tight deadlines whilst having being able to quickly adapt
to the changing priorities/situations presented in e-commerce.
• Have the knowledge to work on web and app-based projects.
• You will be in constant contact with the client and you will be expected to lead the creation
of presentational material for the frequent meetings with them.
You will have:
• A good knowledge of English both written and spoken.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Design
• +7 Years of proven experience in online design for the fashion market.
• Portfolio with examples of experience designing for major fashion brands.
• Strong skills using Adobe Creative suite.
• Strong skills in both typography and calligraphy.
• Possess the ability to work quickly and take a project from concept to finished product.
• Ability to be detail-oriented, self-motivated, deadline-driven and able to multi-task.
• A positive attitude that can benefit the team as well as the ability to cope and stay focused under pressure.
• Ability to be pro-active and the ability to produce innovative ideas that constantly improve the design quality.
This job offer is closed.
- Art Director – Online Fashion Editorial
- M A C H I N A S
- Barcelona, Spain
- Avinguda del Portal de l'Àngel