We’re searching for an extremely focused and passionate leader, to inspire, coach and project manage our growing web development team. As Head of Development you will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of customer-facing online properties and back office tools. You will lead the Development Team, consisting of front-end and back-end developers, taking full responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery, performance and quality of all web properties including, but not limited to, websites, microsites, landing pages and web-based applications.
This is a “hands on” role and the successful candidate is expected to be expert in both front and back-end web technologies and languages. We expect candidates to be experienced Project Managers with extensive experience across web, mobile and tablet and to have at least 5 years technical team management experience in an online environment. You will be expected to convince, inspire and communicate our business goals to the team and ultimately guide and empower the staff responsible for implementation and delivery of web-based projects.
The Head of Development’s main responsibility is to:
• Lead the development team and take ownership for all technical tasks
• Work with product owners / key stakeholders to understand business requirements
• Translate Business Goals into ‘award-winning’ web projects
• Internal presentations and project management
• Delivering technical projects to brief, on time and on budget.
• Establish and maintain trusted relationships with partners, clients, developers and the management team REQUIREMENTS
• Solid experience developing in C#, Solid experience working with Sql-Server.
• Passionate about user experience and design
• Excellent communication skills and a strong team player • 5+ years proven management experience (This is a senior position)
• 3+years Project Management experience
• Innovative, enthusiastic, flexible and comfortable with ambiguity – have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly
• Polished presentation skills, demonstrating a clear understanding of the technical issues and the company objectives
• Excellent English and Spanish language skills (additional languages a distinct advantage)
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE
University degree in computer science, software engineering or similar 5-7 years experience of web/software development in an online marketing agency or for a high-traffic website
Experience of e-Commerce, online advertising, affiliate marketing
Professional and detail-orientated attitude
Creative with strong communications skills
Problem-solver: Drive for results and continuous improvement
Excellent analytic skills
Methodological thinking, able to structure and organize tasks
A proven leader
Any other foreign language (Portuguese, German or Czech, for example) would be a plus
Competitive and attractive salary package according to the candidate’s experience Integrate in a dynamically growing and internationally successful company Based at our offices in Barcelona, Spain, this is a busy and varied position. You will report directly to the VP, Marketing and focus on a range of online projects across multiple platforms, including web, mobile and tablet. You will need strong commercial awareness, and will be working alongside the management team to launch new products, services and products on a global basis. You will need to share our enthusiasm for the company’s values and goals – and possess the energy and determination to achieve them. You will have exemplary attention to detail and be happy challenging others to ensure the best possible result.
If you’re tech savvy with a responsive “can do” attitude, pay close attention to detail and can demonstrate being ‘an innovator and a leader, not a follower’, we’d like to hear from you! This is a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting environment and be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company. There are opportunities for on-going training and international career progression within the organization. Whisbi is an equal opportunities employer.
- Head of Web Development
- Barcelona, Spain
- Calàbria 169