Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones, smart phones and downloadable games for consoles. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field and is recognized by its peers and its clients for the quality of its games.
Following its strategy of constantly delivering top games to players worldwide, Gameloft has opened a new creation studio in Madrid, Spain.
In order to create the successes of tomorrow, Gameloft Madrid is hiring:
GAME ECONOMY DESIGNER
As a Game economy designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once he game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
Your day to day duties include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Indentifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points.
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills.
- Mastery of Excel.
- Advanced understanding of SQL.
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer
- Opportunity to work in a newly created studio and learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
- Open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
- Salary based upon experience and merit.
- Promotion possibilities: Senior Designer, Lead Designer
- Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
- We are offering relocation support for candidates willing to move to Madrid.
About Gameloft Madrid:
- Madrid studio is being opened to create ambitious and outstanding video games of any genre for the iPhone/iPad and mobile phones to be distributed in more than 150 countries.
- We are looking for talented and motivated people willing to participate in creating the successes of the future to join us in this adventure!
- Over 50 titles in Gameloft’s catalogue have already sold over one million copies.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter & accomplishments to: email@example.com Reference: Game Economy Designer
This job offer is closed.
- Game Economy Designer
- Gameloft Madrid
- Madrid, Spain
- En función de valía del candidato
- Goya 47, 5º